Friday, September 9, 2011

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (Opening)

It’s been awhile since I did a new post. I have been replaying an old RPG on the PS2, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, for the longest time I didn't want to replay the game after my first playthrough of the game; because the game’s difficulty goes way up after the first disk. But I have thought that I should start again, and then I remember what I love about the game was that it has a great opening. 

Your main character Fayt Leingod (Yes that’s his real name) is your simple everyday college kid, on vacation with his family and friend just relaxing; before the planet that they are on gets attacked, and Fayt and his friend Sophia Esteed end up running away to the underground safely bunker, but sadly leavening behind the Leingod family in the rush. That is only the first haft an hour of the game, the opening started on a very calm note and the music helps, when you first take control of Fayt when it plays a very beautiful vocal song called, The Little Bird by Misia, and it engages you into a safe calm world, then the mood changes to a very tense and dangerous escape for safety. 

The story moves very quickly and the thing that gets you is the mood once you escape, the bunker is cold and dark, there is a lot the people who are in the bunker; who you may have talk to before, are worried about what is going to happen to them and wonder what is going on above on the surface. 

Overall for an opening to the game, it is very engaging and makes you want to know what is going to happen in the story yourself, with likable characters I was able to fall in love with the game again. I am going move forward with the story and relive the wonderful world Star Ocean again.


Birthday to me


Dollow Rlance

No comments:

Post a Comment