Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Project Vita: Part 2 – PlayStation Vita Games and Users


Project Vita: Part 2 – PlayStation Vita Games and Users


It has been over one year since Sony’s new handheld, the PlayStation Vita, was release on February 22, 2012 to the gaming market, and since then has been met with both good and bad reviews. After all the time that PSVita has been on the market, I have seen many gamers and critics giving the system the “Cold Shoulder” and many criticisms, both warranted and unwarranted. As a PSVita owner, who got the system within the first year of its release in the North America market, I was happy with the system before I even booted it up with my first game. The post that follows here is about the games that I have for my PSVita, the fun have with them, a look at how they are on PSVita, which will include feedback from other PSVita owners too about their consoles.

This is "Project Vita",

Part 1 - The PlayStation Vita Plan

Games are the heart of every console, either it be an old game from the 5th generation of home consoles, or a new game that was made today, every gamer wants games to play on their chosen console. So with the PSVita, the importance games are no different than other consoles, however, what those games are able to do, and make the PSVita unique to play.

Gravity Rush (Gravity Daze in Japan)

Gravity Rush Title Screen
One of the first major titles that was made for the PSVita, by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan’s (SCEJ/Japan Studio) Project Siren DEV Team, featuring Keiichiro Toyama who was the creator of the original Silent Hill game by Konami and Sony's Siren series, as one of the main leads on the game alongside Naoko Sato who worked on the Siren series too, and music by Kohei Tanaka (Mobile Fighter G Gundam, The King of Braves GaoGaiGar, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 Opening). Originally meant to be a new I.P. for PlayStation 3, Gravity Rush is an Open World, Action Adventure, Action RPG, where you take the role of a young girl named Kat, who wakes up in a floating city called Hekseville with no memory, with her partner cat who she names Dusty that gave her the powers over gravity when she first awoken, she sets out and quickly becomes involved against a foe called the "Nevi" and suddenly gains a reputation as the world's superhero "Gravity Queen" as she saves other cities from being lost in the gravity storm.

Kat & Dusty standing in Hekseville
Taking place in a cel-shaded, steampunk setting, Gravity Rush has one of the most unique graphical styles to a game, which is only rivaled by SEGA's 2008 Valkyria Chronicles and Capcom's 2012 Ōkami HD PS2 Remaster. Gameplay involves taking control Kat and running around the city, and by pressing the R button and using the second analog stick or using PSVita's SIXAXIS to aim, you can send Kat flying across the sky which acts as the main mode of travel.

Kat flying across Hekseville 
As you fly across the sky, you could tilt the camera around with Kat at the center and see the world around her as she zooms across the sky.

SIXAXIS can be use to move the camera around Kat 
The combat in the game is simple but interesting, when you fight the Nevi on the ground you pressing the Square button to make Kat kick, or if you are in the air using Kat's gravity powers you can send a dive kick in the enemy's weak spot, and to make Kat stronger you can collect gems that can but found round the city or completing challenges that can be used to upgrade Kat's gravity abilities.
Gravity Rush stands as an example of how PSVita really presents its games, there are very few load screens, and only loads for huge areas and that is when you is when you fast travel to another large area. The cities are real cities with many people inhabiting the cities, and when you use gravity to fly, you can stand on the side of a building and look down or be completely upside down on the bottom of the city. The physics in the game are impressive and the comic book page look is very different to tell the story where panels will show up, and you swipe your finger across the screen and it feels like you are reading comic book, which fits with the heroic soundtrack that is for the part is orchestrated. All things considered Gravity Rush stands as one of the many games the PSVita has that are fun, looks nice, and has a great deal of depth for any gamer to play.

Kat fighting a Nevi

Gravity Rush Comment 1
It’s not everyday that you run into a title that just captures you. From the first trailer I seen of Gravity Rush, to the moment I got the demo, to the moment I played the full game, to now. Gravity Rush snagged my interest, gave me hours of fun, tons of great challenges, a memorable experience, and a title I’ll be coming back to time and time again. How often do you find a game that changes the typical overdone gameplay molds? How often do you find a game that chooses not to be ‘risky’ and throw in filth to please the minority? The game took me a little over 20 hours to Platinum, and I know I’ll be returning to play it again if not for DLC, then for future replays. Amazing art, amazing music, amazing innovative gameplay, lovable protagonist, huge open world, all in a Vita handheld. What more can you ask for? Gravity Rush gets a 5/5 from me as well as my pick for Game of the Year 2012. - Zeruel36

Gravity Rush Comment 2
New IPs usually doesn't do that great in the video game industry’s current state. New IPs catches eyes, but how many eyes does it really catch is the real question? Well it caught my eye to say the least; so much that I bought it day one digitally and beat it 4 days. In those 4 days I would say that Gravity Rush isn't a great game and it isn't a okay game, it’s a good game don’t get me wrong but what held it back for me personally in order to be a great game were the controls. The story of the game is great I enjoyed it but the game to me would be better if they tweaked the controls a bit. I don’t want to look like a crazy person as I hold up my vita into the air as I dash through the city as Kat, there should be an option for the game for those controls and traditional controls cause you know buttons are the future. Gravity Rush is a good game that every vita owner should play, but the controls are my only complaint. - HunterSlasher13

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Sly 4)

Sly Cooper 4 Title Screen

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time was developed by Sanzaru Games, the team behind the The Sly Collection remastered games, with the focus of creating the style of the old Sly Copper games from the PS2, but also to add slight open world adventure to the series.

Sly 4 takes place after the Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves, where SLY Cooper living a normal life, goes on another job to understand why his family book, the Thievius Raccoonus, page were starting to disappear, and the quest that Sly and his friends on becomes a fun time travel story meeting all the past Cooper ancestors and save the family business.

Sly in the wild west, "I make the law in this town"
Sly 4 is another game that uses the PSVita to what the console was meant to do as well, Cross-Play or what Hideo Kojima coined as “Transfar”, being able to continue your gaming experience on both home console or handheld without having to stop. Sly 4 was the first game to be made for the series in over eight years, and was made to work on both PS3 and PSVita and use the cloud saving to take the Sly Cooper on PSVita on the go. Like the past Sly Cooper games, the series is a stealth based platform game, kind of open world where the levels you play in are big open worlds with lots of personality from Feudal Japan to Medieval England, the game has lots of fun to provide for Platform fans, towards the end of the game, the final battle is fun and epic fight against the final boss.


Sly 4 Comment
As someone who played the original Sly trilogy on the PS2 and replayed the HD collection on the PS3, you can imagine that I was ecstatic when I heard Sly 4 was coming to the PS3. I was even more excited when Sony announced that there developing it for vita as well.  When Sly 4 was released and put on PS store I just bought the vita version for $27 (I did not buy the PS3 version by doing this), I just wanted to play the game on vita only. Sly 4 brought a lot of things to the Sly formula, I would say it’s one of the best Sly games (although Sly 2 is the better one). - HunterSlasher13

Persona 4 Golden

Person 4 Golden Title Screen
Part of Atlus’s run away popular Persona series, which was a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei series and has become its own series, Persona 4 Golden is a 2012 remake of the PS2 game from 2008, made by The Persona Team of Atlus for the next generation of gamers.

Battle system, Mystery Men eat your hearts out!
Persona 4 Golden takes place on April 11, 2011 with the protagonist, Yu Narukami, moving in with his uncle Ryotaro Dojima and cousin Nanako for one year, and as he makes friends at his school; they try to figure out the mystery of the “Midnight Channel”, while trying to finish homework, ace midterms and keep life intact.

Most of the game is spent in the real world, with friends.
The game is a simple RPG that is a mix of turn base RPG and Visual Novel/Dating Sim, and an upbeat soundtrack to enjoy that is composed by Shōji Meguro that is very diverse. Most classic RPG fans would like the game, not very hard by any means, and sets itself apart from most RPGs by being in modern day, whereas most RPGs set themselves in a fantasy world.

Persona 4 Golden Comment 1
In the summer of 2012 I started playing Persona 3 Portable because it was on sale for 10 bucks and I had one fan that was a fan of the series and now on a podcast co-host of said game. I tried it out and I loved the game, I wanted to play Persona  4 after I was done but found out there was no PS2 classic of it so I was little disappointed. When I heard that Atlus was doing a Vita version with added content I was very excited and knew I was gonna buy this game day one. Which I did and I loved the game ever since, although I have not gotten the true ending of the game it’s something I will do when I get the chance. Persona 4 Golden is a great RPG with improved dating sim then the last Persona game. All in all Persona 4 Golden is a great example at what Japanese devs should do for the vita, support the vita with great RPGs. - HunterSlasher13

Persona 4 Golden Comment 2
Where do I start? Persona 4 Golden is just one of those games that you just can’t put your finger on. On one hand it’s a standard RPG, but on the other hand it’s a social sim, then on the other it’s a battle monster fusing system. And it all works! In dungeons, you’re focusing on saving someone and fighting for your life. Then back at home you’re working on friendship and managing school life. Juggling schedules becomes addicting and fun. It’s weird, but I love it. Great character, unique story, beautiful interface, awesome music, great voice work, stellar presentation, and tons of content. - Zeruel36

That’s only a sample of the games that is on the PSVita, and one of the best things about the PSVita is how adept the console is, since the system has access to the PlayStation Network with good selection of PSP games and some of the most well know PS1 games that were release in the past, in short, PSVita has a good retro archive for others to play. PS1 classics such as the PS1 Era Final Fantasy games, Crash Bandicoot, Wild Arms Etc. or PSP games like Valkria Chronicles 2, Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection, Patapon, older Persona games (Both PS1 and PSP), and thanks to the touchscreen on the PSVita you can assign both front screen to certain buttons (X or Start buttons) and backpad to act as R2, L2 or R3, L3, set the output on the PS1 games to fill in the screen by stretching the video with the touchscreen.

The other good thing about the PSVita is the fact that the system is region free, in the world market of games, there are times that games will not be translated/localized for a region for a number of reasons, so the fact that the system does not block games from other regions is a plus.


One such game on the list is the SEGA game Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ, featuring the music idol of the same name. The game is part of the popular rhythm game series that features the Miku and her Vocaloid friends.


As far as rhythm games, it has been reviewed to be one of the best in rhythm games and the the AR function that the game uses with the PSVita lets Miku fans have her preform in real life by dancing and singing.

SuperBot Entertainment - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Now the time has come for other PSVita users to talk about their PSVitas they own, as they might have different views and feelings about the PSVita from me.

Numbers format as follow from the "Project Vita: User Feedback Submissions for Part 2"
1. Your personal overall feelings about the PSVita as a console what features you like about it
2. The reason(s) you got your PSVita at the time you got it
3. What do you do with your PSVita on a daily bases
4. Games you own for the console
5. One Game Recommendation
6. What you want most for the PSVita
7. List up to 5 things on both Pros and Cons that you have with the PSVita.

PSVita User Feedback

SCE Japan Studio - Gravity Rush
Name: Zeruel
Twitter: @Zeruel36,
Zeruel's Site: TimelessGaming.Wordpress.com

1. Vita takes all of the best in gaming, on the go. Vita is packed with powerful hardware that gets me in and out of gaming on the fly, as well as an interface that brings in amazing networking tools, chat, trophies, and more with instant transitions. There’s also nothing better than scrolling down on a game window to see my friend’s activity in the game I’m playing. With a Vita, PS1, PSP, and Mini library of over 800 titles, there’s no end to the fun. All of this on an amazing vibrant 5 inch OLED screen that makes colors and visuals pop.

2. What originally sold me on the Vita was when I seen footage of Gravity Rush. It was beautiful, insane looking, and had unique gameplay aspects. Since it was set as a launch window title, I pre-ordered the launch 3G/Wifi bundle to save on the 8GB free memory card. Sadly, it took time for Gravity Rush to launch, but it was time well spent playing Uncharted and Disgaea. After diving into Gravity Rush, Persona, and more; I ended up buying an Assassin’s Creed bundle.

3. I’ve spent most of my time on my Vita playing some addicting titles. I’ve clocked well over 100 hours on Persona 4 Golden, roughly 40 hours on Ragnarok Odyssey multiplayer, 30 or so hours on Gravity Rush, and 20 or so hours on Disgaea 3. When I’m not engulfed in my games, I chat with friends, or check Twitter.

4. My game library for the Vita is pretty beefy so far, matching if not surpassing my other consoles. Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3, Uncharted, Ragnarok Odyssey, BlazBlue, Assassin’s Creed Liberation, Little Big Planet Vita, Atelier Totori, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Resistance, Mortal Kombat, Hot Shots Golf, Escape Plan, Wipeout, and Super Stardust Delta. I also have some freebies from Playstation Plus like Retro City Rampage and Chronovault.

5. If I had to recommend one game for anyone to play on the Vita, it would have to be Gravity Rush. While there’s another title that could fit some people more than others, Gravity Rush is the one experience you can’t get anywhere else. It’s graphic style is amazing, it’s open world, and the gameplay mechanics stand out from the crowd as one of the most unique experiences around. The use of gravity to control your movement and attacks was both fun and different. Also Gravity Rush produces one of the most loveable and likeable characters. Kat is charming, fun, and you’re constantly cheering for her.

6. While the Vita has a great library, I can’t get enough. If I could ask for something more, I’d ask for more games. Namely Japanese titles like JRPGs. Sadly most developers are playing it safe and sticking with old hardware like the PSP. I hope soon enough that they will push forward and bring the Vita ahead of the PSP so we can all be happy with refreshed hardware and experiences.

7. Pro’s and Cons:
Pros
1.Amazing titles for hours of gameplay
2.Beautiful 5 inch OLED Screen
3.Great social networking features including game feeds
4.Instant launching, suspending, relaunching, and closing of games
5.Powerful hardware to provide immersive gaming

Cons
1.Memory card prices are bad
2.More companies need to step up and develop for it
3.Speaker placement isn't ideal
4.HDMI out would have been nice to share the experience with others

Sega Classic - Jet Set Radio

Name: Redd
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BerlinRedd
Twitter: @BerlinRedd

1. Your personal overall feelings about the PSVita as a console what features you like about it.
I really like the handheld as a whole. I love the dual analogue sticks, the huge screen, the fact that it's touchscreen... For me it's the best handheld experience out there atm. I love the fact that I can just as easily watch a film as play games on it, alongside a nice PSN experience.

2. The reason(s) you got your PSVita at the time you got it.
Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I can't resist Nathan Drake. :D

3. What do you do with your PSVita on a daily bases.
At the moment I'm playing a lot of Project Diva f on it as my imported copy arrived just a few weeks ago. I mostly enjoy watching films and TV episodes that I've uploaded on to it, but I sometimes also use it to check email or look something up on the internet when I'm not near my computer.

4. Games you own for the console
Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Rayman Origins & Project Diva f. I have also bought some PS one games specifically to play on the consoles (mainly Final Fantasy games)

5. One Game Recommendation
Project Diva f is REALLY addictive, but if you don't really like jpop quirkiness or rhythm games it might not be for you.

6. What you want most for the PSVita.
I would just like to see a whole lot more games for it. It's been out for a year & I've only bought 3 games for it. I just don't feel like the experience I can get for the price of some of the games is worth it yet. Assassin's Creed Liberation & Gravity Rush are both games I want, but I don't think they're worth the price tag until it drops a little. Sony have said that there are supposed to be a lot of games set to release this year, so hopefully things will improve on this front!

7. Pros and Cons
Pros
1. The screen. It's big and beautiful!
2. The fact that there's so much you can do: Play games, watch films, browse the net, check on your trophies, etc.
3. I always feel comfortable and confident with Sony consoles.

Cons
1. I wish there were more games that were a reasonable price
2. I wish memory cards were less expensive... I'd be all over a 32GB card if it wasn't £80!

NIS America - Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention

Name: Zoid9000
Twitter: @zoid9000

1. I think the Vita is a nice console, the screen is fairly big for a handheld and everything looks great visually. The various features in addition to games – such as photos, internet, music – are fun additions that I find useful from time to time. I also love the fact that it’s region free and that I can use multiple accounts on it (even though it can be a hassle to switch between them).

2. The main reason I picked up the Vita was because it was on sale for a good price at Target. There were a number of games I wanted to play on it and I had never owned an original PSP, so I figured it was a good opportunity to get one.

3. I take pictures with my Vita all the time since it’s incredibly easy to upload them to straight twitter and Facebook, but mainly I use it just for playing games.

4. Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward, Project Diva f, Uncharted: Golden Abyss

5. I highly recommend Uncharted: Golden Abyss, it really makes full use of the Vita’s graphic capabilities and it’s a lot of fun to play! If you've ever played the Uncharted games on PS3, you’re sure to enjoy this one. I couldn't put it down once I started playing it!

6. What I want the most for the Vita are more options for memory cards. To me, it’s the only downfall of the system. I have two memory cards (an 8gb and 16gb) for my American and Japanese PSN accounts and so far I haven’t filled either of them up, but because I download a lot of games from PSN I know that I’ll reach the limit eventually and it just costs too much for a new card. Not to mention they are really small, so it can be hard to keep track of them! Aside from that, I think there needs to be more customization with the Vita – changing the shape and size of the screen icons and being able to turn off the screen dimmer would be a great place to start.

7. Pros and Cons
Pros
1. Big screen with great graphic specifications
2. Easy to take screenshots (of vita games)
3. A fair number of extra apps (twitter, FB, youtube, etc)
4. Can be connected to ps3/computer easily to transfer data
5. Region free and can run multiple PSN accounts

Cons
1. No screenshot function for non-vita games
2. Screen dimmer timer cannot be turned off
3. Expensive memory cards, limited sizes
4. Screen is easily scratched if you’re not careful
5. Have to reset the system to change PSN accounts

SCE Bend Studio - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Name: Hunterslasher13
Twitter: @HunterSlasher13,
Website: fanfiction.net~hunterslasher13 and hunterslasher13.blogspot.ca

1. As a console I don’t really feel anything for the vita, now as portable gaming device I got a lot to say. Now the Vita is probably one of the most powerful gaming devices out on the market(not counting smartphones and tablets since they are multimedia devices).  The features I enjoy are not just playing vita games but games of previous generations like PSP games and PS1 classic. Having PlayStation Mobile is a plus as well for the gamers who just want small bites and are not that big into the PlayStation culture, there is a little bit for everyone with the vita.

I don’t watch movies on it that much but processing shows and movies on Netflix is incredible, there isn’t much of downscale compared to watching it on PC or PS3. All in all the PS Vita is a wonderful device with so much potential that people are ignoring, get on the vita train people…destination game central choo choo.

2. Now I was one of the earlier adopters of the vita, not enough to import it from Japan (I wanted to…too much money though). I wanted so much I told my mom I was gonna get it, when I got the ok I was livid bought the thing (and a 16 GB memory card) off EB Games’ website. There was never a reason why I wanted a vita I just wanted it nothing strange about it. As games were released on the vita it gave me reasons why I bought this wonderful device. It was for the games; I am a PlayStation fanboy and I wanted to play them on the go, when I’m in the car(riding shotgun of course) , on the bus and even the confer of my own home.

3. I play the games I’m trying to beat on it and waiting for the PS store to update on Tuesdays(they really need to work on that update time). I rarely I use it to watch Netflix or browse the internet.

4. Oh man where to begin let me get out the old history book starting from February 22nd, 2012 and onward:
Super Stardust Delta (Feb 22nd, 2012)
Escape Plan (Feb 22nd, 2012)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Feb 22nd, 2012)
MotorStorm RC PS Vita (Mar 6th, 2012)
Gravity Rush (June 14th, 2012)
Sound Shapes (Aug 8th, 2012)
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (Aug 20th, 2012)
Zen Pinball 2 (Sept 4th, 2012)
Plants vs. Zombies (Oct 17th, 2012)
Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation (Oct 30th, 2012)
Persona 4 Golden (Nov 20th, 2012)
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (Dec 28th, 2012)
Wipeout 2048 (Jan 31st, 2013)
Foosball 2012 PS Vita (Jan 31st, 2013)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Jan 31st, 2013)
Chronovolt (Jan 31st, 2013)
Retro City Rampage (Jan 31st, 2013)
Jet Set Radio (Jan 31st, 2013)
Sly Cooper 4: Thieves in Time (Feb 5th, 2013)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Mar 26th, 2013)

5. Most people would recommend Persona 4 or even Uncharted as there one game recommendation but I have to say Sound Shapes. Sound Shapes is one of my favorite Vita games (developed in good old Toronto my home turf), it’s a musical platformer and a game every vita gamer should download it’s 15 bucks on PSN for PS3 and vita (play it on vita it’s the better version).

It’s a challenging game after you beat the game and that’s really where it shines because it’s a trophy  hunter’s dream with no bronzes and if you upload your saves to the cloud you can hear the trophies roll in on the PS3 version. Oh and if you’re wondering I did double platinum the game in 8 days if you didn't still…TWO SEPARATE TROPHY LISTS with no bronzes OMG. Back to topic Sound Shapes is an experience…that’s all you need to know.

6. What I want most is really support from 3rd party publishers, 1st party is great but the vita needs more support and not just western support I want the Japanese developers to support this thing. They should stop developing for the PSP and get PSP owners to buy a vita so they can play there next big hit on there(Like really no Naruto vita games yet).

Having 3rd party developed 3DS games released on the vita would be a nice touch, 3DS owner shouldn’t be the only ones who can play games  like KH 3D, other 3DS RPGs I’ll never play and other great games. I know they do this to out on the popular handheld but I still want to play those games on the vita. I want a lot from the vita and I hope it delivers on my wishes someday.

7. Pros and Cons
Pros
1.  Beautiful OLED screen
2.  Taking Screenshots
3.  Integration with PS+
4. The UI it feels nice and fresh
5. Having Digital versions cheaper than retail versions

Cons
1.  Expensive memory Cards
2.  Battery for the vita could be better for more hours of play honestly
3.  Having Folders in the Vita’s UI would be a nice touch for organizing sake
4. Too many console game ports
5. Not enough Original games developed for the vita

Sanzaru Games - Sly Cooper : Thieves in Time
Name: Samuel Jeffries
Twitter: @Blackbelt_sam

1. I think the vita is cool. It really does embody the whole "Never Stop Playing" message.

2. I got my Vita at launch for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I knew Disgaea 3 and Gravity Rush were on the horizon

3. I play games. Everyday, without fail.

4. Gravity Rush, Disgaea 3, PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, Hot Shots Golf, Persona 4 Golden

5. I would suggest PlayStation All Stars to everyone. It is a fun, easy to learn, fighting game experience

6. I just want more quality games.

7. Pros and Cons
Pros
1. The control scheme on the vita is just perfect
2. The screen makes the graphics look sharp
3. Playstation Plus for the Vita is awesome
4. The PSP library is already expansive, and it's available to the Vita
5. Classic PSOne games are like new experiences when they're on the go

Cons
1. The 3G data plans are too expensive
2. The web browser needs work

Clap Hanz - Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Name : kelvin y.
Twitter: @_shinkyo

1. Your personal overall feelings about the PSVita as a console what features you like about it.
Excited because as a hardcore gamer, its cool that you could take your game wherever you go! And with the Vita, your PSN identity carries on with you too, on this handheld! Big deal for a Sony Playstation fan!!

2. The reason(s) you got your PSVita at the time you got it.
Why not?! As a PlayStation fan, its a must have; an extension to my gaming experience on-the-go!

3. What do you do with your PSVita on a daily bases.
Mainly gaming, and occasionally sharing in-game screenshots on Twitter (which is a pretty nifty feature btw).

4. Games you own for the console
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Persona 4: Golden, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Mortal Kombat

5. One Game Recommendation
Persona 4: Golden! My favorite game so far!

6. What you want most for the PSVita.
More Japanese games (RPGs especially) localized. Having instagram on Vita would be cool too.

7. Pros and Cons
Pros:
1. Gaming on the go (an improvement to the its predecessor, the PSP), also consider some games with transfaring features, pretty cool.
2. Pretty cool looking device and doubles up as your handphone, with apps like Twitter, Facebook, and Skype.
3. Finally the ability to share in-games screen shot (persistently). Compared to the PS3, only certain games permit this feature.
4. Rather impressed on how fast the Vita charged up; how fast it takes the Vita to be fully charged.

Cons:
1. As I mentioned before, more Japanese games localized would be good.

Vblank Entertainment - Retro City Rampage
Lots of feelings about the PSVita, and a lot of them are understandable, like the PSVita Memory cards prices, lots more games of different genres, a little bit more reasonable prices on retail copy games. Many want a lot of things from the PSVita, and as the system grows I am sure it will get there.

The next year of games that come out looks promising and I hope to play lots more, here is a list of game that look like a good sell along with other games that have been release already.

Soul Sacrifice by SCE Japan Studio
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward by Chunsoft
Killzone Mercenary by Guerrilla Cambridge
Valhalla Knights 3 from Xseed Games by Marvelous AQL
Muramasa Rebirth by Aksys from Vanillaware
Ys: Memories of Celceta from Xseed Games by Nihon Falcom Corporation
Tearaway by Media Molecule
Dragon's Crown by Vanillaware and Atlus
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND from Aksys Games by Arc System Works
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster by Square Enix
Ragnarok Odyssey from Xseed by Game Arts
Guacamelee! by Drinkbox Studios
Thomas Was Alone by Mike Bithell and Bossa Studios, Curve Studios
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate by Armature Studio
Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland by Gust, NIS America and Tecmo Koei

The PSVita has a good archive of games both new and old weather they have been released or have yet to be released, or if you are the importer type then you have a number of games from other regions, so PSVita has enough games that can keep any gamer busy. One thing that can said for the PSVita games (for me at least), that it is very easy to try out new things on the system that I normally would not give a chance to, and the look of these games on the PSVita look amazing.

Games are on the PlayStation Vita, and they are good.

To Be Continued in Part 3

Dollow Rlance

Special thanks to the PSVita users who sent in their PSVita Feedback
Shinkyo
Blackbelt_sam
Berlin Redd

To those sent in feedback and commented on Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, and Sly Cooper
Zeruel36
HunterSlasher13

And special thank you to zoid9000 who sent in feedback and provided the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ screenshots used in Project Vita

No comments:

Post a Comment